JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Under minimal supervision, converts and oversees conversion of data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs requiring and applying advanced knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
• Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of steps that a program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
• Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
• Designs and writes basic to moderately complex computer programs.
• Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
• Operates computer system to check out programs, troubleshoot and test systems.
• Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
• Prepares documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
• Develops user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
• Provides technical assistance to program users as required.
• Provides work direction to subordinate department employees and may occasionally function as a work group lead.
• Performs related work as required. SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THIS POSITION Design, develop, deploy, and sustain business-type Oracle-based applications. This position encompasses all stages of the standard software life cycle from requirements gathering thru real-time maintenance and customer support. The primary environment will be Oracle Application Express and Oracle Business Intelligence.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming; or equivalent technical training from an accredited academic institution, completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in computer programming. Possess 9 years of additional related experience. Must have demonstrated proficiency with required computer languages and a good understanding of computer systems including networks, servers, and personal computers. Must possess planning and organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines. Must possess verbal and written communication skills to permit interaction with other employees. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license. PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
• Practical experience with the logical and physical design and development of Oracle databases (12c/19c).
• Practical experience with Oracle Application Express (19.2+) design and development.
• Practical experience with SQL and PL/SQL design and coding using support tools such as TOAD, SQL
•Plus, or SQL Developer.
• Familiarity with Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports (10g/11g/12c).
• Familiarity with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
• Familiarity with Oracle JDeveloper and the Application Development Framework.
• We will consider applicants with fewer years of experience than listed above. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Rev B SCC: JSD12; JCORP12 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Application Frameworks
- Business Intelligence
- Code Generation
- Computer Terminals