You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Principal User Experience (UX) Researcher
Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in Verification and Validation area of Simulink? Join our cross-functional team and steer projects through the full process, from understanding our users and their needs, to testing concepts and prototypes, through launch and monitoring solutions in the market.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective user experiences for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you are:
- Energized by talking to customers and love tackling exciting problems
- Passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and exciting problems
- Interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place
- Interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers, including:
- Creating and managing requirements for the systems they are modeling
- Testing those systems to ensure they meet the appropriate requirements
- Modeling and simulating faults in design systems to understand their robustness
Learn more about our UX department
As a UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Identify which user research methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and study user workflows to impact strategy and product direction
- Act as an advocate for our technical users
- Execute a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods such as, but not limited to, user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and card sorting
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design considerations based on that feedback
- Contribute to requirements and collaborate on design documents
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
STEM Degree (e.g., Information Design, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree)
Experience with relevant research and collaboration tools (e.g., UserZoom, OptimalWorkshop, Morae, Miro)
Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
Knowledge of MATLAB, other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS), or GitHub is a plus
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Collaborative Softwares
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Design
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g345hhu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.