Hi, We're AppFolio.
We're innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We're more than just a software company - we're a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers' lives easier. We're revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating. We love where we work, and you can, too.
NOTE: Our major development hubs are based in Santa Barbara, CA and San Diego, CA. However, we're open to exploring remote-first working arrangements in other locations around the United States if relocation is not desired.About our team
Our Application Security Team's mission is to solve the most intricate software assurance problems and to support Appfolio's capabilities at designing, building and scaling security software solutions. Thereby, enabling Appfolio to protect the security and privacy of our customers' data and software products.
As a Security Software Engineer, you will have a direct impact on increasing the value our customers receive from our products and services. In partnership with others on the Security team and members of other Product engineering teams, you will research, brainstorm, and prototype ways to keep Appfolio customers secure while maintaining their ease of use with our products.
In time you will become a technical leader in the Security Software engineering space. You will build professional relationships with other AppFolio departments, and support and partner with existing Product Development teams.
What You'll Do
* Guide development efforts, using agile development best practices to collaborate, prioritize and deliver projects at a rapid pace.
* Design and build new software features that solve security related challenges within Appfolio products
* Find innovative ways to scale security software capabilities at Appfolio
* In partnership with other teams work throughout the stack making improvements to the UI, authentication flows, features and security mechanisms.
* Support research by gathering data metrics and adopting tools/technologies where needed.
* Take accountability for the quality of your code, understand how to implement secure coding practices and follow a test driven development methodology.
* Exercise good judgment in deciding when to seek technical guidance and assistance from others.
* Promote a security engineering culture.
* Ability to design and build Security oriented features from scratch
* Can quickly and expertly make necessary code changes that improve security, while not increasing long-term technical debt.
* Like thinking outside the box and are comfortable with writing scripts/custom code, or using 3rd party testing tools.
* Enjoy interacting with internal stakeholders
* Have a "can-do", growth mindset
* Are comfortable working autonomously
* Have a high EQ and are highly collaborative when working in temporary partnerships with existing Product Development teams.
Skills and knowledge
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years Ruby software development experience
* Experienced with MVC frameworks such as Rails
* Familiar with cloud environments and software development best practices
* Working knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 security risks and remediation techniques
* Enthusiasm for tackling complex problems
* Ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
- Agile Methodology
- Application Security
- Cloud Computing
- Information Technology