American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
How you will make an impact:
As an entry level Claims Adjuster, you will be the front-line expert who represents the American National Property and Casualty auto claims department. You will conduct thorough claim investigations to assess who is as fault for the accident which requires daily phone communication. In addition, you will effectively negotiate and settle auto claims that are of moderate level complexity.
* Determine proper coverage, establish, and maintain proper reserves, draft professional written correspondence regarding various aspects of the claim
* Conduct detailed phone investigations to determine liability and/or damages, obtain recorded statements, review police reports, and provide thorough follow-up
* Determine suitable method of inspection, assign estimates, and proper vendors
* Negotiate loss settlements based upon the review of facts
* Ensure and conclude claims in compliance with state/federal regulations and requirements, provisions of policy contracts, case law, and company standards
* Actively hold or willingness to obtain appropriate state adjuster license (American National will incur fees associated / No out of pocket expenses)
* Have prior work experience in one or more of the following industries: Customer Service, Insurance, Healthcare, Clerical/Office, Investigation, Legal/Paralegal, Law enforcement, Processing, Call center positions
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
- Call Centers
- Claim Processing
- Customer Service
- Insurance Management And Aftercare
- Law Enforcement