The Head of Instructional Design is responsible for working collaboratively with subject matter experts and cross-functional partners in the systematic design, development and delivery of instructional materials and experiences, both digital & physical, in a consistent and reliable fashion that enables efficient, effective and engaging adult learning. The role will be responsible for creating the organization's learning and development strategy, implementing the strategy and quantifying its success. Finally, the role will take on a leadership role in building the appropriate infrastructure and operations to support, embrace, mentor and enhance the organization's current learning environment. The role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will partner with a team of senior executives that are passionate about developing the careers of their colleagues.
* Create and implement a Learning and Development (L&D) Strategy that fosters a learning culture. Create a roadmap that delivers short term value while aligning with a longer term vision.
* Establish an intake and review of existing collateral process for identifying, prioritizing and selecting high value L&D programs
* Create a standardize methodology similar to the L&D ADDIE Model (analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate) that can be replicated across the organization. When appropriate, partner with vendors to support the ADDIE model.
* Design a repeatable organization assessment to identify learning opportunities.
* Ensure standard learning designs includes assessments that can capture the success of each module and tracks individual and organization results.
* Develop a strategy for capturing employee's training certifications through their employee professional journey.
* Partner with Marketing team on the design and implementation of B to B training modules on Plymouth Rock Assurance products and services.Create and monitor use of self-directed training for both new hire and existing associates.
* Coordinate with Legal for the dissemination of any training materials associated with any Legal and Regulatory issues.
* Independently design, develop and deliver creative, performance-based training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities, including synchronous remote learning. methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, infographics, guides and resource materials.
* Create the appropriate infrastructure to support the L&D Strategy and training programs. This includes policies, processes, procedures, systems and staff. Manage, administer and monitor the logistics and compliance related to the program. This includes delivery as well as tracking course completion and effectiveness.
* Establish metrics that monitor and measure the successes and gaps of the L&D program. Based on the measured results and feedback, establish targets that continuously improve the L&D program and transform it into a recognized "best-in-class" program.
* Bachelor's degree in Adult Learning, Leadership Development, Organization Development, Psychology, Human Systems, Instructional Systems Design (or related degrees)
* Master's Degree in Education, Instructional Design or related field (is this preferred or required?)
* 5+ years of experience in instructional design techniques (including classroom & virtual content); knowledge of adult learning theories; expertise in developing instructional resources
* Experience with collaboration tools, digital instructional tools & Learning Management Systems including Brainshark
* Experience in creating and managing L&D programs
* Ability to link strategy to execution and have experience taking risks & learning from failures.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".
- Adult Education
- Business To Business
- Collaborative Softwares
- Infographics (Illustration)