At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Duties:
* Apply in-depth understanding of EEE component technical standards in the selection and evaluation of EEE parts for use in spacecraft orbital operations and ground testing equipment
* Lead individual programs as well as enterprise level activities related to assessment of supplier compliance to standards, assessment of impacts from industry technical alerts (GIDEP, etc) and identification of parts to meet demanding reliability/ performance/cost/delivery schedule objectives
* Evaluate non-compliances to industry and company standards and provide risk assessments to key program decision makers
* Interface with lead personnel and management in Mission Assurance, Electrical Engineering, and Manufacturing organizations to meet ongoing production and new product development needs
* Support proposal and IRAD projects, including evaluation of alternative technologies and articulation of risk
* Mentor/train component parts engineers and supporting engineering personnel
* Identify and implement process improvement initiatives impacting efficiency and effectiveness of component parts department
* Assess components for compliance to program and industry PMP requirements (INST-002, TOR, JEDEC, etc.)
* Generate plans, procedures, and EEE part procurement and screening documents (SCD's, SoCD's, SID's, and AID's) for military and aerospace programs as required by MIL/NASA standards and/or contract.
* Review screening and test data received from manufacturers and test laboratories for compliance to specifications, purchase order requirements, and program contract compliance.
* Evaluate defective components and failure analysis reports as required. Interface internally with Electrical Design Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Quality Engineers in support of risk mitigation and material review efforts.
* Report on the manufacturers, materials, construction, usage (environment & electrical de-rating), and overall reliability of the selected parts to the EEE parts control board (PCB).
* Apply in-depth understanding of a variety of EEE components to help lead failure analysis for root cause when possible
* Evaluate defective components and failure analysis reports as required. Interface internally with Electrical Design Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Quality Engineers in support of risk mitigation and material review efforts
* Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors
* Collaborate with team members, customers, and vendors to help resolve issues in a timely and thorough manner
* Research and collaborate with suppliers and technology providers to recommend sustainable EEE component selection where feasible
* Work closely with design engineers and offer expert opinions on design issues with engineering consensus and record the key decisions.
* Generate and help distribute internal technical alerts from industry sources like GIDEP along with other potential sources.Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related STEM field
* 15+ years of related experience
* U.S. citizen
* Strong communication and conflict resolution skills Salary Range: $130,500 USD - $195,700 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Parts Engineering Manager 2 (Space/Satellite Systems) with Security Clearance
. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Parts Engineering Manager 2 (Space/Satellite Systems) with Security Clearance
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Aerospace Industries
- Alternative Technologies
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Project Management Professional