At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website.URL blocked - click to apply
Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of Human Resources will develop, direct and implement all of the Agency’s Human Resource matters including employee and labor relations, benefits and payroll design and administration, performance management, personnel policies and procedures, recruitment and training and development.
- 10+ years progressive Human Resources experience preferably in a Generalist role at a Manager level required
- BS/BA in HR Management, Business or related field, Advanced Degree/Certification is Preferred
- Strong employee relations, performance management, combined with training and leadership development experience a must.
- Labor relations background strongly preferred.
- Must have exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as strong ability to educate and partner with all organizational levels.
- Experience with HRIS, interfacing with payroll/finance and managing benefits.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Partners with senior management to identify and implement strategic performance management initiatives and proactive employee relations solutions related to job performance, employee engagement, morale and retention.
- Provides general individual coaching to managers throughout employee lifecycle on employment matters, such as conflict resolution & sensitive employee relations issues; acts as trusted advisor to provide opportunities for managers to further develop their capabilities.
- Provides direction and counsel regarding recruitment and benefit strategy, processes & systems.
- Oversees, designs and implements relevant training and development activities in consultation and partnership with management.
- Represents management in interactions with Union personnel. Guides HR staff in handling employee complaints as well as advises managers. Develops and implements HR policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws. Assures adherence to all compliance issues, ensuring appropriate action and investigation as appropriate
- Identifies and drives areas of competitive advantage that may be achieved through the development of HR best practices
- Leads the HR team in enhancing and redesigning services when appropriate to automate processes, improve customer service, and in improving HR data management.
- Other duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Human Resource Management