Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Day Center Supervisor for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. This position will be a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana. The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE®) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long-term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Saint Joseph PACE provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a wide array of supplemental insurance benefits. Saint Joseph PACE pays for Short and Long Term Disability, plus one times your salary in Life Insurance. This position reports to the Center Manager.
General responsibilities will include:
- Provide and coordinate training for aides. Monitor performance and provide guidance as needed.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team, attend IDT meetings, communicates participant changes and collaborate on care planning.
- Assist in the development of organizational staffing patterns and position descriptions for center staff; assists in the selection and orientation of colleagues.
- Actively serve on the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) Committee. Involved in the development and implementation of QAPI activities.
- Assist with monitoring operations to ensure consistent compliance with established quality assurance standards.
- Ensure center colleagues complete duties and documentation timely.
- Provide facilitation and coordination of PACE Organization colleagues assisting with participant meals.
- Communicate on a regular basis with senior operation and clinical leaders, the medical staff, and other identified stakeholders regarding achievements and concerns related to member safety, quality, member loyalty, colleague engagement and physician satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the coordination of efforts towards survey preparedness. When necessary contribute to the plan of correction for department deficiencies.
- Responsible for adherence to all regulations, both federal and state, which govern the operations of a PACE organization and a licensed adult day care center.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of mandatory education programs.
Candidates will have:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nursing Degree program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Indiana. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity in a health care delivery setting, preferably in geriatric care setting.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility. Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Possess interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills appropriate for audience comprehension.
- Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform multiple duties and functions related to daily operations and maintain excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform frequent detailed tasks and provide immediate service with frequent interruptions. Ability to change and be flexible with work priorities. Strong problem solving skills.
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
To apply for this position please visit the career website page at URL blocked - click to apply
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations