This role will be responsible for applying data analytics /data science to provide insights and business intelligence to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver actionable insights. Strong analytical background and problem solving skills using statistical analysis is required. This role will work with business clients, IT to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements documentation, process models, and data models and develops advanced analytics models using statistical tools. The ideal candidate should be proficient in technical languages and will have a demonstrated track record of successfully working with big data systems, implementing advanced analytical models and interfacing with business stakeholders to solve complex business problems.
Role (In Order of Importance)
- Analyze and model structured and unstructured data and implement solutions to support analysis
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as Big Query, Netezza, Hadoop, MicroStrategy, Looer and Tableau
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypothesis, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
- Proven track record at managing multiple projects in fast paced cross-functional team environment.
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
- Research new modeling techniques and evolving technologies
- Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
- Lead & manage data augmentation, clean up and data quality issue resolution.
- Responsible for providing line of sight to data quality and gaps where issues need to be addressed.
- Validate that programs are operating on clean, correct and useful data
- Encrypt sensitive information to protect the database from corruption
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains internal and external data.
- Homogenize the performance of the database and optimize system resources
- Provides operational support for GCP based Big Data Platforms.
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions
- Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and Optimizes the performance and champions usage of enterprise business intelligence tools, big data solutions, and analytics tool by defining data capture, methods to present and store that add value to the user
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to analyze data, profile data, validate patterns, develop hypothesis on data and prove out hypothesis.
- Ability to query databases and construct prototype analysis and use cases reports to aid in design and enable agile development
- Provide data sourcing, mapping, and complex formulation to derive critical company KPI’s
- Knowledge of multiple databases, their function and application to BI and Analytics solutions.
- Ability to conceptualize data sources and compile logical diagrams documenting the database content to business users
- Drive the process to document and maintain the data dictionary for the company detailing both Attribute and Measure definitions of the company
- Be the leader of and recruit Data Stewards to help define the measures and compile the correct definition of these measures and attributes
- Ability to follow all company policies and procedures as well as internal departmental procedures to ensure high quality products
- Knowledge of Global Payments platforms, systems, and technologies to accurately assess the impact of developing new applications on the current environment
- Ability to investigate and assess issues to accurately estimate budget and schedule requirements and avoid scope creep.
- Ability to lead a team through a successful project implementation to accurately predict department accomplishments
- Excellent communications and writing skills to communicate clear specifications to internal resources including various layers of management and manage expectations of customers
- Continuing education attitude to remain up-to-date on changing technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing area
- 2+ years experience with cloud based platforms like GCP ,Azure , AWS.
- Willingness to take ownership for own work to continuously improve performance.
- 4 +years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), non-relational (NoSQL, Cassandra) and relational Data Warehouses.
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience with data lake implementations, core modernization and data ingestion.
- At least 4 years hands on working experience with Big data technologies.
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience with data integration products like Informatica , SSIS , Abinitio,Talend etc.
- 4 + years’ experience leading and managing project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.