AZZ Enclosure Systems is seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator in our Millington, MD facility. This individual will administer plant specific Health and Safety guidelines to maintain and promote a safe work environment by controlling risks and minimizing losses through education and communication to employees and supervisory personnel. Be an active role model for the entire organization by demonstrating the AZZ Core Values in all you do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (other duties may be assigned):
- In coordination with senior manufacturing staff, actively works to support a plant safety culture.
- Monitors risk management activities necessary to ensure the company maintains a safe work environment for employees and that compliance is in line with federal, state and/or local requirements.
- Coordinates and conducts timely safety training/orientation of all employees. Ensures safety training is current and meets regulatory requirements.
- Conducts and directs safety audits, assist in the preparation of reports and interact with local emergency resources, regulatory agencies, consultants and vendors.
- Ensures the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Assesses engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis.
- Maintains critical OSHA records and statistics, including the OSHA 300 Log, total incident rates, safety committee meeting minutes, training records and accident investigation documents.
- Maintains accurate and timely reports and statistics and provides to senior management and corporate.
- Trains all supervisors in accident reporting and follows up procedures.
- Schedules and performs regular spot audits.
- Presents safety goals and objectives. Evaluates the companies' performance against those goals.
- Develops procedures and training for evacuations and emergency situations (e.g., fire, tornado, first aid). Directs the Emergency Response Teams.
- Ensures company compliance with hazardous waste requirements.
- Collaborates with receiving and inventory management to ensure compliance GHS labeling and retention and availability of current SDS documentation.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
B.S. Degree (four year college or technical school) in a related field is preferred or equivalent on-the-job experience. OSHA 500 required, First Aid/CPR, CHST, ASP, and CSP a plus.
- Experience coordinating safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by previous successful leadership experience.
- Position requires 5-10 years of previous manufacturing experience.
- Prior experience as a manufacturing supervisor or manager.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong mathematical, analytical and conceptual skills, balanced by ability to apply common sense.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other regulatory requirements.
Sitting, standing, walking, and ability to travel. Primarily office environment but will also include some manufacturing shop environment that is not air-conditioned.
Occupational Safety And Health
Material Safety Data Sheet