The CSI Companies is currently seeking an Bilingual LPN in Kissimmee, Florida with one of the largest Physician led, patient centered healthcare system in the state of Florida!
All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Hours: Standard business hours
Pay: Based on experience and education
Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
All candidates must be bilingual Spanish and English
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing.
- Participates in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well-defined health learning needs.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures and follow up.
- Documents chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination.
- Tele-phonically obtains information on chief complaint and symptoms and accurately relays information to provider.
- Collects data and performs “focused” nursing assessment of patients; assists in the evaluation of a patient’s response to treatment and identifies patient’s needs; communicates findings to the provider.
- Records patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and/or RN.
- Provides a safe environment (OSHA standards) for patients and staff in the clinic.
- Ensures patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Practices standard infection control precautions.
- Ensures medication management follows policies and procedures; appropriately documents medications & immunizations in patient records.
- Follows laboratory management polices & procedures and CLIA standards; collects lab samples and ensures proper labeling.
- Fulfills medication refill requests following approved protocols.
- If certified in IV therapy; starts peripheral lines, monitors and adjusts flow rates, prime IV lines, changes dressing on IV sites (if needed) and discontinues venous lines.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Must have qualifications/experience:
- BILINGUAL REQUIRED
- Two or more years of experience in a medical setting
- IV certification must be obtained
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational/Practical Nursing license
- Current BLS certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures required
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective listening and communication skills; proper use of grammar and spelling
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with providers/staff, patients, and the community
- Good communication and customer service skills required
Physician Patient Privilege