Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
20 Glenn Bridge Road
Arden, NC 28704
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator perform assignments directed to sustain the function in providing the employees, Supervisors and Managers with information and services involving established processes. Carries out responsibilities in the functional areas including but not limited to: Recruiting, Human Resources Information (HRIS), Employee Relations, Training and Development, Benefits and Compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain employee portal and work closely with assisting managers, supervisors and employees with navigating the system
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding for new hire; Prepare and maintain employee files
- Administer Health and welfare programs including enrollment information for new hires and promotes our corporate wellness program
- Respond to employee questions regarding FMLA and STD and coordinates with employees and disability vendor
- Organizes employee engagement activities and employee events. Promotes our culture of inclusion
- Supports Managers with timekeeping and attendance programs to ensure payroll accuracy
- Work with other HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Finance, IT, etc.) to deliver HR support/services to the business and employees
- Ensure all plant job descriptions are kept up to date
- Ensure all required Governmental postings and forms are in compliance
- Work closely with HR Manager to provide clear and concise communication of policies and procedures
- Assists the in other tasks or Special Projects within the Human Resources function.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years HR Experience
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of related federal and state employment laws
- Creativity, innovation and the ability to solve problems and generate viable solutions
- Proven time management skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Exceptional judgment and common sense, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing employee-centric solutions
- Results-oriented with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993