To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Phone: 805/450-0783
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Civil Engineer
Volt • Mission Viejo, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Volt Workforce Solutions is “Hiring Now” for one of the top engineering firms in California. We are seeking a Civil Engineer who has structural experience. Our client is a leader in the renewable-energy field and one of the fastest growing private companies. If you are a talented licensed civil engineer (structural engineer’s license is a plus) in CA we would like to speak with you. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE RECENT STRUCTURAL EXPERIENCE AT A STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FIRM.
- Interacting daily with clients, ensuring their satisfaction while developing and fostering the relationship.
- Producing structural analysis, designs, calculations, and details in an accurate and timely manner.
- Overseeing other engineering and drafting staff, utilizing their skills to successfully complete projects.
- Understanding contractual language, including reviewing project contracts, change orders, scopes of work, and other contract documents.
- Effectively meeting deliverable dates and keeping projects within budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering with a structural emphasis or equivalent (e.g., Civil or Structural Engineering).
- Licensed PE in the State of California.
- 5+ years of structural engineering design experience within CA regularly performing (not overseeing but performing) structural engineering calculations for two or more of the project sectors below:
- Residential – additions, remodels, new construction
- Commercial – new construction, structural modifications/additions/improvements
- Education – new construction, structural modifications/additions/improvements
- Solar – canopies, roof mounts
- Management experience with the ability to lead and provide direction to a team.
- AutoCAD 2015 (or newer) 2D experience.
- Proficient in typical office software such as MS Office (especially Excel), Bluebeam, Adobe, etc.
- Working knowledge of structural engineering software programs such as Enercalc and RISA.
- Working knowledge of the 2016 CBC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in English.
- Position is located in Long Beach, CA
All full-time employees are given the opportunity to take advantage of company benefits, which include
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.