Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cryptologic Carry-on Program (CCOP), a full lifecycle systems provider, demonstrates SPAWAR's ability to rapidly respond to emerging threats. CCOP's family of systems are scalable to platform, reconfigurable to mission, modular (plug and play) and dynamically reprogrammable to support new threats. By using CCOP, the Navy has the ability to field innovative capabilities to respond to emerging threats within 10 days of notification. CCOP's wide range of capabilities include engineering support, software development, integration, testing, technical writing, Cybersecurity (administration, policy and engineering), production, technical support, warehousing, drafting, repair and management.
As a CCOP Windows Security Engineer, you will be a member of the CCOP team focusing on integrating, engineering and system administration of Windows based products relating to Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) and National Security Agency Network (NSANet) connected systems. The ideal candidate will have a history of direct involvement with successful Windows systems engineering and deployment efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Building, configuring, and deploying Windows servers, including installing the operating system, configuring and automating Active Directory Services (Directory Services, DNS, GPOs), and
• integrating COTS and GOTS applications into the environment
• Organically developing and maintaining, under SVN and GIT control, PowerShell scripts to support task automation in Windows environments
• Hardening Windows environments in accordance with DISA STIG and NSA CS2 standards
• Remediating security flaws in an automated fashion using WSUS, SolarWinds Patch Manager, and GPOs
• Building custom MSI packages to install or upgrade mission applications
• Troubleshooting quickly in Windows server-based environments to ensure the availability of services
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• As the CCOP project migrates towards a DevOps/DevSecOps environment, the candidate will need the capability to quickly learn new technologies as they integrate into CCOP systems
• TS/SCI Clearance required
• DoD 8570 compliant (Security+ or greater)
• A minimum of five years of experience configuring and managing Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016)
• A minimum of five years' experience with Microsoft Server infrastructure and software including Active Directory, domain-based Group Policy (GPO), and DNS replication
• A minimum of five years' experience with cyber security hardening and assessment tools to include STIGS, ACAS, Nessus and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
• Three or more years of successful development experience with PowerShell
• Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
• Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas
• A person who is open to new ideas
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant field
• Strong IT Security background/certifications (CISSP, CISM, CAP, ISSEP, CEH)
• MCSA/MCSE certification is a plus
• Scripting (Bash, shell, Python, PowerShell) experience
• Experience with Linux and VMware technologies is a plus
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure