We are looking for an Engineering Team Leader to join our Heavy Industrial Business team!
In this role, you'll have direct responsibility for driving technology and product development activities, utilizing a team of electrical, power, and embedded software engineers and technicians. This highly visible leadership role provides technical direction and project leadership to ensure successful project completion and new product introduction in collaboration with the other Heavy Industrial Plasma Business Engineering leaders (Mechanical and Plasma Process) and complementary teams (Marketing, Operations).
If this role sounds like an exciting opportunity, here are some additional ways you'll add value to Hypertherm as an Engineering Team Leader.
- Establish Electrical and Software Engineering vision (power, controls, software) and lead progress in support of Heavy Industrial Business product and technology strategy. Provide input to the business team strategic planning process.
- Lead Electrical/Software Engineering Team to enable:
- Technical expertise in the following areas: power, controls, interface, embedded software, and regulatory.
- Effective standardization and continual advancement of engineering design tools and practices to achieve improved development productivity and product performance/reliability.
- Ongoing associate development in support of improved team performance and career opportunities.
- Effective coordination across business, functional, and regional teams. Ensure resolution of all cross-functional engineering issues, including sustaining and development activities.
- Set direction and lead programs and projects for the Heavy Industrial Plasma business team.
- Lead and/or guide multi-disciplinary technology and product development projects.
- Foster a culture of innovation and facilitate creativity efforts.
- Drive product development teams on design requirements, cost, and schedule. Provide project-level technical and strategic direction. Actively drive and coordinate issue resolution.
- Negotiate and manage resources with the appropriate functional teams to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure products meet marketing specifications and a successful launch process is completed.
- Communicate project status across the organization. Incorporate feedback to effect project direction and decisions. Present product briefings and prepare phase reviews.
- Build and sustain project team spirit and drive. Initiate efforts to overcome project team barriers and act as a facilitator to ensure project team interaction is effective and results-oriented.
- Coordinate with other development teams (nesting and CNC software, Industrial IoT, and Advanced Technology) to ensure product and technology strategies are aligned.
- Facilitate and execute end user and channel partner support including VOC, field testing, training, etc.
- Develop and manage budgets for facility, capital, expense, and project management within the electrical/software engineering team.
- Execute necessary tooling, equipment, and facility upgrades to support objectives.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree preferred) in a related engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience leading engineers/technicians in multiple disciplines and managing engineering labs
- Minimum 10 years in engineering of complex, industrial systems
- Minimum 5 years project management and a preference for demonstrated experience in product design of industrial power supplies with embedded controls, or other similar electromechanical product.
- Experience with connected device strategies and cloud-based data capture and analytics is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Direct technical knowledge and/or hands-on experience in the following engineering areas: DC power supply design, industrial controls, embedded software, Industrial IoT, and systems engineering.
- Project-level decision-making and leading teams of cross-functional disciplines (multiple engineering disciplines, manufacturing, marketing, reliability, regulatory, etc.) in the development of new products that meet performance, reliability, cost, and schedule goals.
- Application of the latest development practices (e.g. Design for X and FMEA, as well as design tools for PCB, PCBA, 3D design, and modeling).
- Matrix organization navigation and communication skills.
- Time management and delegation skills.
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R169
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.