We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply
To facilitate growth of Power Technique’s Aftermarket through a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality technical support to all construction equipment customers.
• Perform routine, preventive maintenance and repairs on portable air compressors in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes, and perform repairs.
• Test and document proper operating parameters.
• Provide basic tools for job along with normal maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Provide high level of customer service.
• Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
• Train and assist other service technicians.
• Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate all relevant product, technical service and training activities and work together to sustain the product integrity.
• Prepare necessary information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
• Participate in company planned training as required.
• Work to understand and utilize information and communication systems and tools, i.e. e-mail, SAP, BPCS, Microsoft Office software, etc.
• Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
Skills and experience
• A working knowledge of hydraulic breakers and maintenance is required.
Competence with industrial/ commercial fluid power and low voltage electrical control systems is an absolute requirement.
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
• A basic level of understanding and competence with computers and associated systems (Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, etc), business systems, distribution channels and accounting practices.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus.
• Willingness to grow within the business.
Education / Experience:
• One to two years technical field service experience maintaining and repairing compressed air equipment (Atlas Copco and other) or equivalent.
• Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of portable compressors. Or,
• Two years of progressive work experience in a related industry.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Maintain current Safety & Health Administration required training certificates.
Are we a good fit?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions and surface/underground mining conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and ear protection should be utilized.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, feel or reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds and up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds.
This position requires little to no travel ability.
Choose your career with us!
Power Technique North America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PTNA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PTNA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sec (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PTNA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PTNA encourages applicants of all ages.
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion . . .
We at Atlas Copco believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That’s where you come in – we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Start your journey today!
Email blocked - click to apply