Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN), is a vibrant, global leader in advanced material solutions and services, satisfying customer needs in more than 50 countries in a wide array of growth industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, aerospace and defense, medical equipment and devices, industrial components, automotive electronics, data storage, and others. The company is a pioneer in engineering customized solutions used in semiconductors, computers and smart phones and in improving performance in avionics and ground and space-based telescope systems. Its materials help monitor blood sugar levels, drill for oil in hard to reach and caustic environments and assists with energy flow in solar cells and electric vehicles. In all applications, Materion enables improved downstream performance of its customers’ products.
With revenue of approximately $1 billion, Materion has a strong balance sheet and a team of approximately 2,600 employees located across 33 operating, service center and office locations throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. The company is organized around three business segments: (1) the Advanced Materials segment, which produces advanced chemicals, microelectronics packaging, precious and non-precious metals, and provides deposition reclamation and refining services; (2) the Precision Coatings segment, which produces precision sputter-coated thin films, precision-converted thin film materials, and an array of precision optical filter materials; and (3) the Performance Alloys and Composites segment, which produces strip and bulk form alloy products, clad inlay and overlay metals, beryllium-based metals, beryllium and aluminum metal matrix composites, beryllia ceramics, bulk and metallic glass materials, and precious and base metal electroplated systems. With a mine in Delta, Utah, Materion possesses one of the world’s few sources of beryllium. JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The SAP FI/CO Senior Business Analyst will serve as the primary IT liaison to the business and be responsible for leading and/or executing the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP applications. Specifically, the SAP FI/CO Senior Business Analyst will co-design with the business, deliver and support solutions related to General Ledger Accounting, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, and Financial Planning. The SAP Business Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and recommends, builds and implements ERP or Digital software solutions to support the processes. The SAP FI/CO Senior Business Analyst also works with business partners in Materion’s Finance organization to support day-to-day operations of the Record-to-Report (RTR) business processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Participate in prioritization of resources to deliver initiatives through Materion’s Digital Review Board (DRB); create estimates for upcoming projects, minor and major enhancements.
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements, document end-to-end processes and business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and create the configuration rationale to design, and configure SAP FI/CO applications.
- Work with BA peers to architect cross-functional, integrated solutions across the enterprise to support the strategic vision of One Materion.
- Work with the SAP Development team to unit test and deliver SAP Applications by defining and documenting reusable test scenarios, building unit test cases and creating data for unit testing as needed; participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Set schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts; creates estimates for upcoming projects either as primary SAP FI/CO Applications lead or in close conjunction with the project manager(s).
- Participate as primary SAP FI/CO functional lead during project cutover, and performs hyper-care support on SAP FI/CO applications as and when required.
- Understand best practice business processes to ensure compliance and end use support in a highly regulated environment.
- Provide risk analysis to business partners for proposed solutions, and mitigation options when available.
- Support concurrent work assignments across applications and diverse user groups; works to resolve system issues.
- Document support materials including functional and technical specifications for use within the Applications and Digital Solutions team.
- Maintain and develop internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes; train and support users on solutions post-production.
- Maintain market knowledge of emerging strategies through continuing education, SAP conferences, and ASUG meetings to bring vision and a degree of innovation to Materion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Financial Accounting or related field. CPA preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience supporting SAP FI/CO module and related integration with MM, PP, PM and SD.
- Mnimum of 2 full SAP life-cycle implementations, and upgrades. SAP S/4 HANA Upgrade experience is a definite plus.
- CO Experience with Internal Order, Product Costing, and COPA.
- Experience in Manufacturing industry strongly preferred, with a broad understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated capability and competency in global finance processes, and in-depth knowledge of SAP FI/CO applications such as New GL and IFRS.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the SDLC.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization combined with strong technical skills and a passion for understanding and improving finance business processes.
- Depth of skills in accounting (both financial and managerial), reporting, analysis, corporate governance, financial supply chain, and treasury management.
- Ability to conduct financial implementations from \'cradle to grave\' using Best Practice methods and tools.
- Understanding of local market requirements, languages, and currencies.
- Understanding of SOX compliance and internal controls.
- Strong moral and ethical compass.
- Fluent in English, in both verbal and written skills.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance