Lorien Mt. Airy is Hiring and we want you to be a part of our team!
We have Full time, Part time & PRN schedules available.
As a part of our continued success, Lorien Health Services is currently seeking GNA's to join our team. Lorien Mount Airy is an Assisted Living, Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facility. We are nestled in the small town of Mount Airy, MD and have that same small town feel here at the facility. We are a close knit community that cares for and supports our residents, their families, and each other. We support the surrounding community by attending and sponsoring local events such as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and First Night Out. Lorien Mount Airy is conveniently located just off of I-70 in Carroll County making it easily accessible by our neighbors in Frederick, Howard and Montgomery Counties.
Are you a GNA with a passion for improving the lives of others? If so, join our team and be a part of an amazing community! Customer Service is of the highest importance and we are currently seeking caring staff members to join our team to provide direct patient care in a family focused environment. Some of the things you will find at Lorien Health that you may not find elsewhere include teamwork and positive attitudes, endless career opportunities from a company that likes to promote from within. If you are a licensed GNA in the state of Maryland we want to talk with you!
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you must have a kind, patient and empathetic personality as well as a commitment to providing patients with the best possible care. You must also be a team player with a strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and help wherever and whenever it is needed. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Provide each assigned resident with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisor
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environment
- Ensuring that all residents are treated with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Cleaning, bathing, and dressing residents
- Distributing food trays and feeding residents
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have completed Maryland Board of Nursing GNA course and maintain certification by regulations
- Must have active, unencumbered certification with the Maryland BON
- CPR certification
- Cheerful, tactful disposition
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- First aid certification, preferred
- Computer proficiency, a plus
Benefits of Working with Lorien:
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Fixed and Floating Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Discounted Services at Turf Valley
Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Activities Of Daily Living (Adls)