To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Penny Lane Centers
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SOCIAL WORKER ISFC SPECIAL HEALTH
Penny Lane Centers • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The goal of Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) is to provide for the physical, emotional, psychological and social needs of children in a family setting, intended to provide targeted treatment to address specific medical needs, behavioral and emotional challenges. ISFC Social Workers work under the direction of the ISFC Program Supervisor with moderate supervision while providing support to the ISFC foster parents. Supporting the foster parents with over-sight for compliance with CCL, DCFS and Agency regulations as well behavioral interventions that improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families is the primary function. The ISFC Social Worker works in tandem with the LVN assigned to the child/youth to ensure the health needs are being met. Responsibilities include goal setting, planning, organizing, coordinating, decision making, communicating and evaluating to promote an optimal level of health, behavioral, emotional, and social functioning for the child through daily interventions. The major function of the ISFC Social Worker is to ensure the health and well-being of the child/youth are the priority and empower the foster parents to provide a treatment foster care home while coordinating services determined by the Child and Family Team through linkages that are provided and utilized to ensure child/youth are obtaining success in their activities of daily life through assessment, case management and collaboration with foster families, bio families and any external team members assisting youth toward permanency and/or reunification.
Position Location: North Hollywood, CA
Salary Range: $20.86 up to $28.93 per hour
Additional $1.00 per hour Bilingual Spanish Differential
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Social Work or equivalent from an accredited college or university; a Bachelor's degree may be considered with three to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an exception through Community Care Licensing and Department of Children and Family Services.
- Must have experience working in foster care or related field as a social worker.
- Must have experience working with special needs children, (physical, emotional, behavioral).
- Computer Skill - Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn computer software are essential for the position.
- Language Skill - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Possess the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to think conceptually, defines problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must Complete on going classes related to working with the Medically Fragile population of children/youth.
- Bilingual Spanish Required.
- Must have a current, valid CA driver's license, current automobile insurance; have a clean driving record acceptable for the company insurance.