Apply your experience working with individuals on the road to recovery from drug and alcohol addiction at BHN!
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Counselor-Case Manager at the Franklin Recovery Center at Behavioral Health Network! Counselor-Case Managers have a diverse knowledge of biopsychosocial, spiritual, emotional, and aftercare planning dimensions of alcoholism and addiction. Building off this knowledge, Counselor-Case Managers demonstrate skill in assessing the range of addiction, dual diagnosis and methadone issues, recognizing special needs, and adjusting treatment approaches accordingly. Those in this role can adapt treatment plans to the needs of persons served and perform thorough and complete assessments within established time standards, focusing on the extent to which alcohol or drug use has interfered with individuals' served functioning.
Counselor-Case Managers document care plans according to established expectations, creatively use group and individual sessions to maximize treatment, and provide resources and information on topics such as alcohol use, drug use, harm reduction, and mental illness. In addition, they facilitate groups and provide transportation to appointments for individuals when needed, and coordinate referrals for ongoing treatment with agencies and services. Above all, Counselor-Case Managers provide care with respect, sensitivity, and in a manner that preserves and protects client autonomy, dignity, and rights of individuals served.
The Franklin Recovery Center in Greenfield, MA serves those 18 years of age and older who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction and are at the beginning of their recovery. A 24-hour multidisciplinary team, including a Medical Director, a board-certified Family Physician, and an Addiction Medicine Physician, provides acute treatment and detoxification services to the Franklin Recovery Center and the adjacent Northern Hope Center.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Counselor-Case Managers at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted, dually diagnosed and/or methadone maintained population.
- Demonstrated ability to approach individuals served in a sensitive and therapeutic manner to understand and work with patients' problems.
- Demonstrate skills in assessing the range of addiction, dual diagnosis and methadone issues, recognizing special needs and adjusting treatment approaches accordingly.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (required); CAC/CADAC or LADC Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred); and/or CAC/CADAC, or LADC.
- Two years experience in substance abuse or behavioral health counseling (required).
- Experience providing case management and/or counseling services as part of a clinical team to patients in a treatment setting preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply and click on "Browse All Jobs" to apply!
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)