To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Animal Husbandry Technician
Apex Systems • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex is looking for Animal Technicians candidates for a large San Francisco institution.
- An opportunity to join an organization that is a part of innovative research for medical breakthroughs.
- Work for an institution that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Great opportunity for someone interested in creating a career working with animal in a research setting and in facility maintenance.
- Recognizes and promptly reports sick or injured animals to designated work leader/supervisor. Assist in generating the computer driven Morning Health Report by entering relevant and appropriate information.
- Performs routine health examinations on a variety of animals
- Administers medication as prescribed by the veterinary staff.
- Measures, records and maintains animal health data. Maintains animal health records according to SOPs and USD/PHS regulations, which may include physical examination data.
ANIMAL CARE DUTIES
- Transfers animals from dirty to clean cages. Washes and disinfects cages, feed dishes and water bowls
- Feed and water animals daily according to instructions, which may include the preparation and administration of special diets.
- Sweeps, mops and disinfects facility floors/areas, walls and/or perches. Keeps equipment, feed and bedding in a neat, orderly and appropriately stored manner.
- Trains other employees as directed. Promptly informs the work leader/supervisor of the need for additional equipment, protective clothing, occupational health information, or training for personnel assigned to the facility.
- Maintains an organized and clean work environment that pertains to animal rooms but also includes: common areas such as corridors, cage wash, procedure rooms, anterooms, storage areas and grounds. Assist in facility grounds and maintenance work.
- Informs the work leader/supervisor of the need for facility and equipment renovations and/or repairs. Makes suggestions of appropriate renovations and/or repairs per USDA and PHS.
- In accordance with USDA/PHS regulations assures that feed, bedding and other supplies are stored properly and used in a timely manner and according to SOPs.
- Measures, records and maintains animal rooms and equipment data. This may include the use of automated monitoring equipment and devices.
- Assures that animals housed in the facility are properly identified, that individual animal records are up-to-date and available as needed, and that current SOPs are posted or available for each animal room.
- Assists in the collection and organization of data needed for billing and inventory
- Previous experience in a vivarium and animal care handling is highly desired, but not required.
- AA degree in Animal Husbandry, Animal or Biological Sciences is preferred but not required.
- LAT certification is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift 30 - 50 lbs required.
- Communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential.
Only apply if you are up to the challenge of working in a fast-pace research environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178