Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth - for everyone.
We're Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people's ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won't you join us?
The Senior Economics and Policy Analyst will conduct and support rigorous economic and policy analysis, author reports, and manage and lead projects and workflows to help shape and support EDF's positions and advocacy. This role will report to a senior member of the Economic Global Climate Cooperation team, and will work closely with other members of EGCC including the Chief Economist, managers of other programs and experts throughout EDF, as well as external collaborators. The Senior Analyst will support EGCC initiatives including:
* Wellbeing metrics, working closely with EDF programs and leadership, as well as academic partners, to improve and extend a preliminary conceptual framework relating environmental outcomes to improvements in human wellbeing and distributional equity;
* Deepening knowledge on design features to improve efficiency and equity of agricultural soil carbon sequestration markets;
* Other priority EGCC focus areas as needed and in alignment with the Senior Analyst's skillset and professional development interests.
* Support refinement of a preliminary conceptual framework that develops metrics to assess EDF workstreams in terms of human wellbeing outcomes and distributional effects;
* Advise and provide economic and policy expertise to program staff on topics relating to economics, including focus areas such as wellbeing metrics and voluntary agricultural soil carbon sequestration markets;
* Author various written materials, including white papers, memos, and policy briefs. Summarize research for a broader audience, along with public communications including testimonies, presentations, and blog posts;
* Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities among staff members;
* Compile and analyze data and produce research reports and briefings;
* Build and maintain knowledge and analytical tools on a variety of climate and energy policy topics;
* Represent EDF at conferences, stakeholder forums, public panels, and other venues;
* Support application of an equity and justice lens to the economic and policy analysis of the team.
* Help write grant proposals and other development materials to attract funding for EGCC and where appropriate, other EDF programs;
* Collaborate and communicate with outside experts and stakeholder groups; help develop and maintain strategic partnerships;
* Help oversee and manage outside contractors and consultants, ensuring a sound work product.
* Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences fell connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* A Master's-level degree in economics, environment and energy policy, or a closely related field + at least two years professional experience, or a Bachelor's degree in economics, environment and energy policy, or a closely related field + 4 years relevant professional experience;
* Commitment to supporting efforts to improve global human wellbeing and distributive justice;
* Familiarity with environmental or developmental economics;
* Excellent research and analytical skills and an interest in performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to adapt technical documents and concepts into ideas that are easily understood by the general public;
* Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments;
* Strong quantitative skills; ability to support the design and implementation of quantitative analysis using various data analysis tools;
* Proficient in Excel. Knowledge of programming languages such as R or Python are a plus;
* Experience developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with staff at other environmental NGOs, research organizations, and other stakeholder groups;
* Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team; willingness to take initiative and multi-task under tight deadlines;
* Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Cladding (Construction)
- Conceptual Framework