Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Production Shift Supervisor oversees all aspect of production, is responsible for the organization and planning in the assigned area, provides guidance, execution strategy where necessary, and direct supervision to the shift.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance management, review and execute area audits
- Plans, directs, and monitors the work of shift operations for optimum output and efficiencies
- Maintain housekeeping standards/assignments
- Maintain area operating procedures ensuring all safety standards and personal protective equipment requirements are met by employees
- Communicate daily operations and plan strategies to all employees, departments, and supervisors
- Administer and coordinate all ”job specific” training for new hires and handle daily personnel issues
- Manage work order prioritization processes and ensure 90% completion is met
- Maintain expertise and act as first responder to critical production issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with individuals both inside and outside the company
- Ability to foster positive work relationships and is a solid team player
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner and get results
- Supports the strategic and operational direction of the business
- Sound leadership skills
- Good communications skills
- Effective team skills to allow functionality in a matrixed organization
- Capability of working with all levels of the organization
- Multitasking capabilities
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Bachelor degree (preferably engineering) or must have at least 5 years previous Production Supervision experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and JDE/SAP systems
- Prior leadership skills
- Must be able to work any shift
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Attention To Detail