Desktop Services Consultant (691433)
Start Date - 09/28/2022
End Date - 09/28/2023
Location - Maplewood, NJ 07040
Interview Type - iLinc Web Cam Interview Only
We are looking for a qualified and energic Desktop Engineer who has experience troubleshooting computer issues and supporting customers in person, by phone, email, and remote access tools. This includes travel to various field locations.
This position will be hybrid. The schedule is up to the manager and can be discussed during te interview.
• Work on the IT Desktop Service Team
• This includes providing advanced support and troubleshooting for the Windows 10 operating system.
• Collaborating with vendors and other IT business units to resolve second level support issues.
• Break/Fix - Hardware replacement and diagnosis.
• Provide Technical support to NJ Transit employees
• Troubleshooting office 365, Windows 10 and proprietary software.
• Candidate will provide support, over the phone, through email, remote connection, chat bot, and in-person support
• Ideal candidate would have advanced troubleshooting skills in the Windows operating system and a strong customer service background.
• Comfortable with installing PCs, printers, and laptops
• This includes supporting our Maplewood facility and over 200 field locations. Travel is required for this position.
The Desktop Engineer will support laptops, PC's, software applications, printers, mobile devices, telephones, projectors, user accounts, network access, and setting up new employees. The ideal candidate will also manage certain IT related projects. Responsibilities• Support and troubleshoot hardware and software problems for desktop and laptop computers, and conduct remote problem solving when necessary.• Install hardware and software on workstations.• Set up and maintain network and telecommunications systems.• Troubleshoot LAN, server, wi-fi and connectivity issues.• Utilize ticketing system, when necessary.• Manage Windows Active Directory and Exchange.• Re-image computers, perform data migrations and restorations.• Work closely with other IT employees on system maintenance and configuration projects.• Work closely with other SLA employees on interdepartmental projects.• Maintain accurate asset management records.• Work with vendors and manufacturers on repair and maintenance of IT equipment.•. Requirements• 4-6 years desktop support experience.• Ability to help employees solve hardware and software problems.• Experience with Windows Active Directory & Office 365.• Experience troubleshooting network issues in large office setups.• Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and advanced troubleshooting. Experience supporting and troubleshooting printer systems.• Familiarity with DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, and other common networking concepts.• Strong customer service and communication skills.• Experience with a scripting language preferred.
Support and troubleshoot hardware and software problems for desktop and laptop computers, and conduct remote problem solving Required 5 Years
Install hardware and software on workstations Required 5 Years
Set up and maintain network and telecommunications systems Required 5 Years
Troubleshoot LAN, server, wi-fi and connectivity issues Required 5 Years
Utilize ticketing system Required 5 Years
Manage Windows Active Directory and Exchange. Required 5 Years
Re-image computers, perform data migrations and restorations Required 5 Years
- Active Directory Group
- Asset Management
- Customer Service
- Desktop Support