Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Reports To: Field/Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic, Supervisor, or Operations.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered
- Adheres to medical treatment protocol
- Uses / operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
- Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders,
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED
- Ca Drivers' License
- Ambulance Driver's License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiner's Card (from DMV)
- State of California EMT License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
- ICS courses, please refer to link URL blocked - click to apply.
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS)
- Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Emergency Medical Services
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-6553
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
All About AMR, the nation’s leading medical transportation companyNot Ready To Apply?
AMR serves more communities and customers than any other private ambulance service provider in the nation. But more importantly, AMR’s employees serve their local communities on a personal basis, as part of the community where they live and work. As medical professionals and as neighbors, your needs are our concerns.
With more than 17,000 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors, and support staff, AMR brings the strength of a national company to personalized care.
AMR’s national headquarters, located near Denver, Colorado, supports more than 250 community-based AMR operations nationwide. From Miami to Seattle, Hartford to San Diego, and hundreds of communities in between, AMR is ready to care for people and communities in need.
Our focus is clear, as stated our company’s values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, Caregiver Inspired. These three phrases are at the heart of every call, in every community, every day.
From emergency 9-1-1 calls to non-emergency transports to specialized medical teams that serve remote wilderness areas, and more, AMR has the strength to provide patients and customers the right service at the right time. Our national reach and experience allow us to deliver the right service to communities as well, whether AMR manages the entire emergency medical system or engages in a private-public partnership to best serve an area’s need.
Understanding your needs. Connecting with best solutions.
That’s our business.
That’s our personal promise.
View the full profile