This position will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors -- both individual and corporate -whose annual, recurring gifts provide an underpinning of unrestricted and restricted support for the region's specified priorities. The Development Associate is responsible for assisting with Foundation events, campaigns and sponsorship relationships including the Annual Gala and Annual Fund. The position will help plan, organize, implement, evaluate and provide reports on these campaigns, events and fundraising relationships in partnership with and direction of the appropriate Foundation and Hospital staff.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university is greatly preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: None required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, physicians, Board members, volunteers, donors, and foundation and corporate program officers and decision makers
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to develop and analyze special event budgets
- Ability to organize, plan and monitor multiple projects to ensure their timely completion
- Ability to maintain correspondence with multiple organizations and groups
- Ability to use standard office equipment including personal computer, multi-line phone, photocopier, etc.
- Must be proficient in computer applications of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years progressive office experience. Two years' experience dealing with volunteers and in organizing special events. Experience with fundraising databases, particularly Raiser's Edge.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Development Officer -- Major and Annual Giving
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
Works in clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Subject to stressful professional situations, with demanding performance goals and rigid deadlines. Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes, deadlines and emergencies. Frequent periods of sitting. Extensive use of hands for writing and use of computer. Moderate physical effort (able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Microsoft Power Point