Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Contractual requirements: Four years of Secretarial experience performing the task/duties of an Administrative Assistant or duties of a Secretary III. Ability to collect information and respond to routine inquiries and/or prepare periodic reports/presentations. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and be able to communicate effectively both orally and through formal reports.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
3-5 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Microsoft Power Point