To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeville, HI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Franchised Guest Relations Manager
Marriott International, Inc. • Princeville, HI
Posted 20 days ago
Posting Date May 03, 2018
Job Number 180019GV
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, Princeville, Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interval Leisure Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Oversee the daily operations of the Front Desk. Ensure that the front desk, service express services and communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
- 20% Ensure efficient guest registration, check out, luggage service, transportation and telephone service. Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
- 20% Observe front desk, bell services and telephone attendants and ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally, calls are answered on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through. Inspect employee uniform and department areas for cleanliness and organization.
- 20% Direct and train front desk staff, bell services staff and operators. Assist in new-hire and on-going training. Direct and assist front desk staff, bell services staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule.
- 20% Arrive at workplace on time, prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service. Review current days expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment. Review the daily room availability and inform staff. Check status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications, the following shift supervisor, and the Front Office Manager.
- 15% Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- 5% Update and maintain daily MOD logs.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
Assist Guest Relations/Receivables as necessary.
Any other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills and leadership capability.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
1-2 years hotel front office experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.