To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stafford, VA 22554
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Officer III - Maryland/ D.C. Metro Area
Navy Federal Credit Union • Stafford, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To sell residential mortgage loans and home equity loans to members of Navy Federal Credit Union. To work with realtors, other mortgage referral sources, and the builder community to market and communicate all aspects of Navy Federal mortgage products and services.
1. Markets and sells mortgage loans to Navy Federal members.
• Meets with members in person on a regular basis (several times per week on average) at their homes, or other locations outside of Navy Federal, to sell mortgage loan products and provide detailed information about these products to customers
• Engages on a regular weekly basis in outside marketing and promotional activities to support individual mortgage sales by making office visits, attending open houses, frequenting trade shows and local realtor/trade events
• Conducts weekly in-person calls to real estate agents, brokers, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to develop new individual borrower leads
• Generates referral business leads and develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with the home industry that work with our members to find homes
• Originates mortgage sales by contacting prospective clients and analyzing potential loan market to develop referral networks in order to locate members seeking financing for home ownership
• Identifies and contacts members referred by real estate agents and/or builders who may be or have expressed interest in applying for mortgage loans for purchase and refinance transactions
2. Interviews and counsels prospective mortgage clients face-to-face, over the telephone, and by e-mail.
• Provides detailed information about Navy Federal’s mortgage and equity loan products and clarifies complexities of the mortgage/equity loan process
• Evaluates and recommends financing alternatives based on individual members’ qualifications
• Takes first and equity mortgage loan applications
• Reviews the application for preliminary analysis as well as completeness and integrity of loan data
• Reviews the automated recommendation to approve the loan or refer it for further analysis
• Determines applicable loan conditions and documentation requirements for approved loans
• Advises the member of loan conditions and documentation requirements
3. For referred loans, analyzes areas of concern and determines proper course of action (e.g., obtains explanations for derogatory credit).
• Prepares loan disclosures required by Federal/state laws (e.g., Good Faith Estimate, Truth-In-Lending)
• Requests and obtains documentation needed and forwards to Loan Processor and/or Mortgage Underwriter
• Maintains working relationship with team members and assigned Loan Processor regarding processing progress and required processing information (e.g., verifications of employment, assets, income, and liabilities; appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
• Follows up on unanswered requests for documentation
4. Maintains contact with the member client, Realtor and/or builder during the entire loan process.
• Develops, creates, conducts, and/or participates in events to build on-going business for Navy Federal such as Homebuyer Seminars, trade shows, tent sales, branch office promotions, etc.
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems regarding processing of the loan
• Assures that the processing and loans are in compliance with Federal laws, and Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines, and regulations
5. Performs other related duties as assigned or appropriate.
"While employed at Navy Federal as a Mortgage Loan Officer, employees are expected to provide a duty of loyalty to Navy Federal to facilitate and or originate mortgage loans for Navy Federal. Activities that facilitate mortgage loans for entities other than Navy Federal (including, but not limited to, use of a real estate license to arrange or refer loans for other lenders) conflict with this duty of loyalty and may subject the employee to immediate termination."
• If selected, Mortgage Loan Officer III will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• Excellent sales and consulting skills
• Thorough understanding of the local real estate market and the mortgage industry
• Experience demonstrating proficiency and expertise in selling and overseeing processing and closing of first mortgage and equity loans
• Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for FHA, VA and conventional loan programs
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and explain multiple, complex loan programs, financing options and basic mathematic principles
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain poise under challenging circumstances
• Ability to build long term networking relationships fostering real estate lending business
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
• PC literacy in Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet
• Knowledge of automated systems, including CCWS and Unifi
• Course work in mortgage, financial or business disciplines
Works seven days a week, as necessary, to generate mortgage originations. Remains continuously available to members seeking mortgage financing, real estate agents working with our members and builders serving our member’s needs. This position entails customarily and regularly making sales away from Navy Federal offices.
LOCATION: This position is located in the Maryland/ D.C. Metro area.
BANK SECRECY ACT:
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability