We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Scrum Master to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Seeking a Scrum Master to work with software development team in a complex enterprise software development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be empowered to help guide an experienced team of software developers, build shippable product and be responsible for leading Agile best practices using Scrum/Kanban. In addition to leading daily Scrum and other Agile meetings, you will also be responsible to ensure Scrum is understood and enacted, work with team(s) to solve problems and to drive continuous improvement and business owner satisfaction.
• Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
• Work with the team to develop project plans, roadmaps and manage backlog. Communicate team plans, report impediments for escalation, identify risks/concerns to relevant stakeholders to help resolve.
• Monitor team backlog daily and ensure it accurately reflects the current state of the sprint.
• Work with product owners and stakeholders to refine vision and establish goals and metrics.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress to all affected teams and management.
• Maintain and generate information radars for the teams
• Collect and share team metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
• Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
• Ensuring that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done
• Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria
• Encourage team to be proactive during all phases of the sprint.
• Work with the team to adapt to changes that yield better results
• Remove impediments to the team's ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization
• Works with team to create and update team working agreement, the definition of ready, and definition of done
• Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
• Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
• Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus.
• Protect the team and minimize disruptions.
• Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
• Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
• Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
• Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
• Lead the teams towards agile maturity
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups.
• BS and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Considered an emerging authority.
Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 5 years or more
• Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Experience using agile project management tools, preferably JIRA and Confluence
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
• Technology experience software development
• Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
• Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
• Experience in any part of the software development lifecycle is a plus - as the developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
• Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the teams
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must be US Citizen
Must pass TSA Public Trust Clearance
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Software Development Life Cycle