To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Civil Engineer - Transportation
DLZ Corporation • Lansing, MI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DLZ Corporation recognizes the importance of serving the transportation industry’s needs. DLZ performs traffic engineering services in a broad range of areas from large cities to small towns and has thorough knowledge of relevant Department of Transportation policies, programs, procedures, and standards. Our scope of work involves all phases of traffic engineering. We know the strength and growth of the nation’s economy is closely linked to the strength of our roads, highways and bridges.
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top 'Go-To' Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.Job Description
DLZ Corporation has a rewarding opportunity for an Entry Level Civil Engineer - Transportation Engineer in Lansing, MI!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform transportation engineering and design assignments including; road design, traffic engineering analysis, and traffic signal design.
- Typically given projects of minor to moderate complexity; may have leadership responsibility for less experienced staff. With close supervision, leadership levels can increase in complexity with training for more advanced management or technical responsibility.
- Perform work under supervision, or provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Perform analyses and design required for various transportation projects.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating alternative transportation systems, equipment, materials or engineering methods.
- Assist in the preparation of contract / proposals specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Review Contractor's shop drawing submittals.
- Perform construction monitoring and coordinate field activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0 – 5 years Transportation Engineering experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT), pursuing Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are desired
- MicroStation and AutoCad experience desired
- GeoPak and Civil 3D experience a plus
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.