You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Come join our awesome team as a Maintenance Technician at Anoka Rehab & Living Center! We are offering a generous sign-on bonus of $5,000
Anoka Rehab & Living Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Flexible Schedule Looking for Part time and Full time
Compensation: $17.22-$19.51 with pay in-lieu of benefits option
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemical and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, for all areas assigned that would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Performs designated cleaning tasks and preventative maintenance services.
- Sweeping, mopping, wet washing/shampooing and vacuuming floors/carpets in ancillary service and common areas of the facility.
- Stripping, waxing and polishing all floors in accordance with the facility floor covering maintenance schedule.
- Washing walls, ceilings, and common area lighting fixtures.
- Gathering, transporting and disposing of trash.
- Cleaning waste receptacles.
- Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
- Store all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substance clearly labeled and locked away when not in use.
Follow established reporting/repair procedures for the following:
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist the Director of Environmental Services or Maintenance Supervisor with the implementation of the facility's preventative maintenance program.
- Conducts frequent inspections of all fire safety equipment, alarms, extinguishers, detectors, sprinkler heads, water valves, exit lights, etc.
- Testing and adjusting where indicated.
- Assist the Director of Environmental Services or Maintenance Supervisor with building and equipment maintenance and repairs.
Typical duties would include, but not limited to:
- Testing emergency generator.
- Adjusting door closures.
- Cleaning ice machines, dryer vents, exhaust fans.
- Painting, patching, caulking and sanding
- Clearing drain stoppages.
- Replacing belts, washers, screws, seals, etc.
Other Primary Functions:
- Reports supply need and major equipment malfunctions or emergencies to the Director of Environmental Services or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Is knowledgeable of federal, state and facility's rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of trade or vocational school, with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and electricity preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions in order to identify various chemicals and cleaning agents from their labels and understand directions for use.
- Willingness and ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two (2) year previous building maintenance experience desired.
- Some knowledge of state building, plumbing and electrical codes and local ordinances.
- Able to understand technical manuals used to install and repair machinery and equipment.
- Coordination and dexterity needed to handle tools and equipment parts.
- Must be capable of making decisions in an emergency.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation or an on-call situation
- Experience in the healthcare industry
About Anoka Rehab & Living Center:
At Anoka Rehab & Living Center, our approach to care grows out of respect for the human spirit and the belief that the right to dignity doesn't diminish with age. Compassion, empathy, personal attention and concern for emotional and spiritual wellbeing are at the core of how we help every resident feel cherished and at home.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
- Electrical Codes
- Electrical Installation Work
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ges8332
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.