At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and one of the top 2019 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Meets standards regarding the appearance of the exterior physical features of the community by performing tasks to maintain the grounds, amenities and overall curb appeal of the community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings and ensure all common areas and amenities are neat at all times.
- Removes trash and remaining items from vacant apartment homes prior to starting the make-ready process, transfers trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and cleans and maintains storage areas.
- Completes assigned minor and routine service requests as requested by Service Supervisor and/or Community Manager, and assists the make-ready specialist in the turn process.
- Changes all locks in accordance with the community’s policy and ensure gates to all pool areas are working according to codes and safety standards.
- Distributes notices and communications to residents.
- Informs appropriate supervisors of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, Associates, guests and others.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services.
- Complies with Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the community’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with LMC, community and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associates/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of practical solutions and follow standardized procedures.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts.
This is a position which requires the Groundskeeper/Porter to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment community. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs independently and 50 lbs with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.