To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL 35233
- Jon Auterson
- Phone: 205-326-0004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ITAC Solutions, LLC • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ITAC is assisting an established Birmingham client in their search for a senior-level, Database Architect!!
The appropriate candidate will determine database structural requirements by designing these proposed systems and defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications. You will create and implement a fluid, end-to-end vision for data flow through an organization and define and execute critical data management strategies to enable the health system’s technology goals.
This position requires someone to have a strong technical background, a solid background with Oracle, SQL Server, Exadata and/or Database Machine Admin on Exadata; along with great interpersonal skills and communication style.
This is a tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement for the right person.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Develop an organizational data strategy that addresses industry requirements through collaboration – Build an inventory of existing and new data needed to implement the architecture and identify and evaluate current data management technologies.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying ideal access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating best values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Migrate data from older systems to new solutions and carrying out complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Collaborator and Partner – Proactively seeks and promotes collaboration across teams, builds capacity in others by training/ sharing expertise & knowledge.
- Excellent presentation/ documentation skills and ability to explain technical issues, challenges and direction.
- Excellent and clear verbal/ email communications for all levels of interaction inside and outside of team.
- High level of initiative to forge direction and be able to articulate that vision and produce a plan to implement that direction to the team.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 4+ years of operational, clinical, financial or health care metrics work experience
- 3-5 years of strong, proven work experience with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Solaris, AIX, Linux, Exadata, VMware.
- 3-5 years of work experience with Database Backup & Recovery, Database Performance & SQL Tuning, Database Migration/ Replication Methods (internal & external).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Database Machine Administrator on Exadata
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Administration, Oracle Database/Cluster Ware/Server Administration, SQL Server AG/Clustering/Mirroring/LogShipping
- 2+ years of hands-on knowledge of Shell scripts, PL/SQL Scripting, T-SQL and PowerShell Scripting
- 2+ years of hands-on knowledge of Cerner Millennium database support preferred.