The engineering manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company engineering objectives for mechanical and electrical design, engineering scheduling, manufacturing engineering, and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering; MBA preferred. Industrial manufacturing experience with a strong understanding of industrial process equipment is required. 5-10 years’ experience in project engineering/technical project management is required. Demonstrated track record of group leadership with progressively increasing responsibility.Experience working with liquid filtration products and/or industrial gas compression systems is preferred. Experience with the design/build of skid mounted process equipment is required. Must be able to interpret P&ID’s, drawings and customer specifications. Familiarity with controls and ability to perform basic PLC programming is highly desirable. Continuous improvement experience and problem solving mindset required. Experience providing accurate engineering time and cost estimates is required. Must have the ability to communicate with other departments - sales, manufacturing, quality and finance. Must have time management skills and have the ability to drive to deadlines. Must be detail orientated, thorough and accurate. Experience with ASME, PED and other mechanical design codes is strongly preferred. Experience with electrical codes such as NEC and CE as they relate to industrial equipment is desired. Must have experience with AutoCAD/Inventor and MS Project.
Oversees overall engineering group activities from specification review and concept selection to manufacturing engineering and including resource allocation and staffing. ï?
• Develops and implements policies, procedures and programs for the engineering department. ï?
• Works cooperatively with manufacturing and quality groups to develop and maintain companywide management system infrastructure. ï?
• Ensures the accuracy and timely release of drawing packages to production and project management in compliance with customer and internal requirements. ï?
• Provides an engineering schedule weekly to the plant manager and Sr. Management to ensure on-time project completion. ï?
• Assigns engineering projects to appropriate engineers based on project requirements and overall company objectives. ï?
• Develop and maintain the infrastructure needed to deliver projects on time, within budget and meeting quality standards. ï?
• Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers aimed at developing sound engineering solutions. ï?
• Hire, train, mentor/coach, supervise and develop department personnel in collaboration with HR. ï?
• Coordinate engineering activities and communicate with the plant manager and project managers to successfully meet project deliverables. ï?
• Supporting manufacturing and operations to offer timely technical solutions and ideas to production challenges as they arrise ï?
• Support sales through interaction with customers, reviewing specifications, product development/enhancement, estimating and selecting the appropriate applications based on customer needs. Work with customers, sales and application engineers and manufacturing to select the best equipment and instrumentation solutions to meet application and product requirements. ï?
• Design/interpret P&ID schematics with sequence of operations. ï?
• Perform detailed hands-on engineering activities as needed to balance workload or meet project delivery requirements. ï?
• Work with project management and field service/warranty personnel as needed to assist with engineering related issues and to feedback learning into future projects.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US51FNJM_BH1593397
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Engineering Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Engineering Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is focused exclusively on placing skilled engineering professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time engineering jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
Kelly Engineering Resources employees work more than 6 million hours in positions ranging from chemical engineers to robotic technicians to R&D specialists to AutoCAD® designers.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile