Delta's IT department is helping enable the Catering transformation to change the way we do business from top to bottom. We strive to build innovative solutions that deliver impact to our customers. As we grow, we seek new team members eager to collaborate and advance our mission of becoming a best-in-class IT organization at the world's premier airline! The Portfolio Architect owns technical decisions and directions for their portfolio. Designs applications and platforms required to automate business processes and meet business needs as an integrated solution. The resulting design may run on several platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages and custom components. Assumes overall technical responsibility for the success of cloud/non-cloud solution construction, implementation and system integration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Leading each phase of software application development to ensure a high level of quality for each assigned project.
- Developing and defining business and technical operating procedures and standards.
- Identifying application and business requirements by collaborating with technical teams and clients.
- Staying on top of, recommending and driving new technologies towards implementation and exploitation.
- Architect specializations will include: App/Integration, DevSecOps, Site Reliability, Platform, Security.
- This role can sit in Atlanta, GA or Minneapolis, MN
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- 7 or more years in a Software Architecture or senior Software Engineering capacity at enterprise scale.
- Experience with the architecture and design of enterprise software solutions, applications, integrations, security and platform engineering.
- Mentor and evolve staff Software Engineers with standard methodologies and leadership.
- Experience defining and maintaining accountability to Architectural Design Patterns and serving as a technology domain's escalation point.
- Highly proficient with leading Agile methodologies, DevOps principles, practices and tools.
- Expertise in Application Security principles and 12-factor application development principles.
- Proficient in the following technologies, principles and programming languages include:
- Accepts a diverse set of people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field
- Experience working in an airline technology environment, preferably in the Crew / Catering space
A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, we provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way!
- Competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- A detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial and social wellbeing
- Domestic and International flight privileges
#DICE - provided by Dice
- Agile Methodology
- Application Security
- Architectural Design
- Business Requirements
- Dev Ops