To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rocky Hill, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Proposal Writer (Group Retiree) - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Rocky Hill, CT
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the clinical writing team within National Proposal Services, the Proposal Writer is accountable for assessing RFP requirements, understanding customer needs, and developing and writing RFP question responses that are accurate, concise, responsive and strategic and that follow the Optum / UnitedHealthcare Style Guide. A critical component of this position is the ability to work with focus and poise within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment in which close collaboration and continuous communication are critical.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Write clinical proposal sections for UnitedHealthcare proposals, including health management, behavioral health, wellness and consumer engagement
- Interact with Sales leadership and Sales leads (New Sales and Account Management), product leadership, GMs, market managers, solution managers, business development consultants; and UnitedHealthcare proposal leadership and proposal teams (National Proposal Services)
- Respond to RFPs in employer and government markets - prospective and existing customers - as needed to meet RFP volume demands
- Understand and incorporate sales strategy, value propositions, and key win themes into proposal responses
- Work with key stakeholders (e.g., sales, solution specialists, product subject matter experts) to develop and articulate the proposed solution within the RFP response
- Perform research using an extensive database of proposal content; customize database text as needed to: a) answer the question directly and thoroughly b) reflect the proposed service solution c) persuade the customer that our products / solutions solve their specific problems
- Adhere to quality principles (responsive, accurate, concise, strategic), style guide, and other criteria for compelling and consistent messaging
- Adhere to established proposal processes and defined roles / responsibilities throughout proposal development, including content capture process for new content and edited records
- Contribute to proposed development and implementation of process improvements and writing models
- Develop innovative approaches for achieving positive outcomes and driving proposals to completion within the deadline requirements
- Manage multiple projects with a sensitivity to tight deadlines and to working in a collaborative group environment
- Exceptional writing skills that demonstrate a natural command of language, organization and flow
- Analytical / critical-thinking skills for understanding complex product offerings and value propositions and defining them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- 2+ years of experience writing proposals within the healthcare industry
- 2+ years of experience in the health care industry with medical terminology
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment, proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple, time-sensitive priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with experience working as part of a team to complete complex and time-sensitive projects
- Problem resolution and time management skills
- BA or BS degree in English, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
- 2+ years in clinical practice as nurse, social worker or other healthcare professional
- Experience working with Medicare
- Working knowledge of Quvidian database software
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Proposal, Writing, Medical Terminology, Healthcare, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home