Nesco Resource is seeking a Custom Solutions Applications/Quality Engineer to work for one of our clients based in Wallingford, CT.
Reporting to the Custom Solutions Manager, the Custom Solutions Applications/Quality Engineer is the primary technical resource for custom-built assembly CAD models and the quality of the final assemblies, sold by Albany Valve & Fitting Co., Inc. As the technical expert the Custom Solutions Applications/Quality Engineer will work directly with customers to identify and provide reliable solutions that meet both cost and quality specifications. They will inspect incoming and outgoing products and assemblies to ensure all quality requirements are met. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have a willingness to learn, able to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to develop and maintain relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transfer Voice of Customer (directly or via sales team) into solutions meeting cost, quality and delivery expectations.
- Collaborate with customers to understand custom-build assembly specification, offer direction from company best practices and product/process solutions and ensure the customer receives a solution that not only meets specification, but solves the identified problem(s).
- Translate Voice of Customer, and collaboration, into CAD models for custom-built assemblies with an eye on design for cost, service and reliability.
- Work closely with CIQ manager to ensure all Custom Solutions assemblies are properly inspected and within tolerances before shipment.
- Inspect 3rd party components prior to receiving, reject out of tolerance or non-conforming materials.
- Conduct internal audits of Custom Solutions projects to ensure all proper documentation and requirements have been fulfilled both pre and post build.
- Lead Continuous Improvement/Lean Initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with the balance of the solution delivery team (Customer Service and Fabrication) ensuring an integrated Albany Valve team meets the customer’s needs.
- Provides Customer Service Representatives and sales team with both proactive, and reactive, product and technical information to help grow sales and solve customer application questions.
- Seek continued Design education and learning as well as product and industry specific knowledge.
- Lessons learned all custom engagements and identify opportunities to standardize learning and grow or improve the product portfolio.
- Provide regular production support to include:
- Solve technical issues with part function or assembly layout
- Assist in customer specified part testing
- Help to improve production layout/processes
Benefits & Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Management and Engineering for Manufacturing
- Prior manufacturing experience desired
- A history of excellence in communication, active listening, and problem solving
- Proven success with Project Management and meeting project deadlines
- Proven understanding of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) including Geometric Dimensioning Tolerancing (GD&T) drawing/modeling standards
- Demonstrated success reading architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings with proven understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- A history of being detail oriented
- Proven success working independently and with a team environment
- Proven comfort juggling multiple projects while maintain poise and patience
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts:
- Be a part of a locally owned & operated business, affiliated with a global organization who values treating everyone with integrity & respect
- Be a part of a progressive company challenging the status quo
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal days
- Ability and willingness to travel/”be on the road” 10% of time within designated distributorship territory and to Solon, Ohio to Swagelok’s corporate office for training as needed
- Intellectually intense, fast paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk and must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments given to an employee in this role. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties (compliant, legal & ethical) assigned by the Company leadership, collaboratively and with the best intention of the customer and company.
esco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Direct hire with excellent benefits
- 1st shift, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
- Flexible hybrid work schedule after 90 days (3 days in office/2 days home)
- Eligible for quarterly bonus based on sales
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement