All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings, Nights, and Weekend Days available
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed. The position requires the exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to AdventHealth procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with AdventHealth procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technician level in appropriate specialties (Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, and Immunohematology, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus assignment.
- Exhibits technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory testing, procedures and processes performed in department or work area assigned.
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
- Reads text and numbers in English, and displays the ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match, problem solve, under supervision.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Analytical Procedures
- Customer Service