Position Title: Software System Architect Senior
Work Location: Petersburg, VA
Must have detailed knowledge of modern software development processes, to include object-oriented development and use of tools, and how to apply them to software application program development. Must be capable of translating operational requirements into detailed software/system requirements. Must be capable of integrating COTS products into software/system architectures. Must be able to rapidly understand the use of tools and technologies and integrate them into existing products and processes. Must have knowledge of distributed systems, and issues regarding database replication and distribution for distributed systems. Additionally, must have a general understanding of communications protocols, and be able to quickly understand the Army Technical Architecture guidelines. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, to include the ability to work on multi-functional teams, as well as proven verbal and written communications skills. Must have demonstrated ability to lead large (5 or more people) design and development teams, providing them technical direction and monitoring progress through the use of metrics, with minimal management supervision. Must have advanced knowledge of modern software development processes and tools, with repeated track record of applying them to programs.
- Provide software architectural services at the level of the enterprise as a whole. The Contractor shall maintain an Enterprise Architecture, in the appropriate format, for CECOM SEC customer to successfully manage its business and provide required technical capabilities to the CECOM SEC customer community. At a minimum, the CECOM SEC customer EA products shall identify and link customer requirements, lines of business, business processes, capabilities, systems, data, and resources, and shall provide an analytic framework to enable CECOM SEC customer to make the tradeoffs necessary to maximize the yield of capabilities on cost.
- Deliver all architecture documents necessary to support statutory and policy requirements, such as those required by the Investment Review Board, Business Capability Lifecycle, etc. All architecture documents delivered shall be in compliance with the most current version of the DoDAF standard DOD ARCHITECTURE FRAMEWORK DOCUMENTATION IAW CDRLA005. The enterprise architecture shall be mapped, integrated, and/or federated to all required domain architectures and reference models, such as the BEA, AABEA, and FEA. To support integrating new applications and data services, and in continued support of System of Systems Engineering and Integration architecture and portfolio management objectives, the contractor shall discover information contained in other enterprise IT systems by identifying authoritative processes, systems, and data sources for the Domain.
- Identify and implement applicable technical and architecture standards to enable the sharing of information via Army/DoD data services. Implemented technical and architecture standards must ensure the ability to federate to external business systems and/or data sources.
- Provide architectural services to support a net-centric web-based environment governed by role-based access control to provide enterprise-wide access to CECOM SEC customer applications. The environment consists of the following major software services: Portal and Content Management Services, Access Management Services, Business Intelligence Services, Business Process Automation Services, and Data Services integrated through a Service Oriented Architecture. The Contractor shall preserve the independence of systems, applications, and data.
- Maintain a standardized and modernized data environment containing all of the operational data stores, data marts, and data warehouses needed to support the capabilities managed by CECOM SEC customer. The data environment shall facilitate access to external data sources. The Contractor shall deliver and maintain up-to-date and accurate architecture artifacts, including conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum years of Relevant Experience 9+ years within the last 15
- Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- Secret Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and IAT-II/IAM-II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Experience with following a mature DoD System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within a program with extensive documentation deliverables.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Position requires a Secret clearance
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Systems Development Life Cycle