Ledgent is currently hiring for a Staff Accountant in St. Petersburg, FL. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience providing direct support to the Accounting Manager and Controller of the company. In addition to assisting in all daily and monthly accounting functions, this person will also review and analyze financial data for multiple locations, perform monthly reconciliations and prepare financial reports. Responsibilities
- Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of transactions including debt, leases, intercompany and other areas in the general ledger for corporate, domestic, and international subsidiaries.
- Contributes to technical accounting research for new accounting principles
- Prepares certain balance sheet reconciliations for corporate, domestic, and international subsidiaries.
- Prepares certain recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries and reviews entries made by staff accountants
- Assists with monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis of changes from prior periods.
- Supports external audit and review requests.
- Teams with global financial personnel and other departments (e.g., FP&A, treasury) to ensure coordination among functions for the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent organizational skill and interpersonal communication.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced atmosphere
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.