The Vice President, Financial Planning at Company is a highly motivated professional with experience building, managing and leading teams within financial services. This individual will work closely with his/her team of Regional Directors, coaching them on process management, team development, and creating an environment that supports a superior client experience, all of which results in helping more clients achieve their financial and life goals. Interested individuals should possess superior knowledge of all products and strategies available to meet client needs. We believe our firm has a unique position to help change the financial future for millions of Americans. If you have interest in joining a winning team, being part of a dynamic culture and desire helping others grow, this role may be just what you are looking for.
- Lead team of Regional Directors and Financial Planners to increase client value and improve Planner effectiveness during a period of organizational transition.
- Create/enhance work environment that ensures high level of employee engagement, success and morale.
- Partner with leadership from other EFE departments in organization to set policy and establish procedures that affect the field and/or the client.
- Partner with Support Operations (e.g. RMs/CSAs) and Shared Services to ensure groups are working seamlessly and effectively to enhance the client experience.
- Lead and help develop growth strategy for assigned regions that ensures attainment of company goals and profitability. Assist in the development of marketing plans and growth contests.
- Owner of the Planner territory growth process with a focus on key performance indicators, that delivers productivity, ability to scale business and meet company client/prospect standards.
- Work as a team with other VP, Financial Planners to ensure singular and consistent message across entire organization.
- Responsible for the performance and development of Regional Directors and Financial Planners, ensuring that all company targets and standards are met or exceeded for all activities and results. Conduct regular one-to-one discussions with Regional Directors to develop leadership skills, providing insight for areas of improvement.
- Seek to balance 3 major stakeholders (Company, Client, and Employee) in making sound business judgment decisions.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes, ensure communication and implementation of same with his/her organization.
- Responsible for all people-related activities (e.g. hiring, termination).
- Assist in the development/implementation of Financial Planner training.
- Timely and accurate feedback to SVP and other senior management on Regional performance.
- Regular presentation of progress reports, reporting on key milestones and identifying obstacles.
- Regular assessment of staff strengths, developmental needs, opportunities and threats.
- Control expenses to meet budgets and profitability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Past experience and success in managing organizational during period of transition.
- Deep understanding of financial services, RIAs, and market dynamics. Understanding of client concerns and coach Regional Directors and Financial Planners on ability to translate company products/services into client solutions.
- Demonstrated success in managing the client engagement process; incorporating metrics and feedback mechanism to improve results.
- Experience with contact management systems. Includes using the system to generate system-created reports on prospect activity and pipeline in addition to viewing client history.
- Sound judgment on maintaining confidentiality, as appropriate, and providing sound counsel to teams.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with Field support functions to achieve superior client experience.
- Strong understanding of financial services clients and market dynamics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, characterized by precision and detail. Ability to effectively manage communications across a distributed territory.
- Ability to discern and correctly evaluate situations and personalities to provide sound, appropriate counsel and decisions.
Process Management (Business)