To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Meridian, ID
- Kelly Marsh
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
TEKsystems, Inc • Meridian, ID
Posted 28 days ago
NOT AVAILABLE C2C
Design and develop frameworks and tools to support automated testing that helps to ensure the quality of the client's software. Develop high quality, maintainable, and high-performance code for automated regression tests. Includes test planning, writing test cases, developing test software and test execution. Be a leader among peers to mentor and train others on best testing practices. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status. Collect and analyze data for software process evaluation or data repository requirements and improvements and integrate them into business processes to address the needs of the business. Document all problems and assist in their resolution. Perform quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications required for the job)
o Five years' of software development for automated testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
o Three years' of software design and development using C# (.NET), Java and/or other OOP language
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field; or equivalent work experience (two years' work experience is equivalent to one year college)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Automated test frameworks and tools for automated regression testing
- Test requirements definition and test plan definition
- Test plan execution and results reporting
- Defect tracking software
- Relational databases (MS SQL, Sybase ASE, etc)
- SQL and database access interfaces (Entity Framework, ODBC, JDBC, ADO, ADO.NET)
- Complete software development life cycle and the role an SDET plays in ensuring quality software
- Quality Assurance methodologies, processes and tools
- Software security testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Lead and mentor peers in test methodologies and best practices
- Research and decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategy
- Design, develop, test, and debug automated tests and test suites
- Analyze specifications and user stories to develop test plans and functional requirements
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing
- Read and write SQL
- Read and understand XML
- Execute manual test cases when test automation is not possible
- Identify defects and questionable functionality; manage defects through to closure
- Identify deviations from coding and other standards and inconsistencies across programs
- Work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Be a self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Create and automate testing of security
- Manage time effectively
- Work with others to build systems that help increase quality of deliverables across the organization
o Working within Agile/Scrum methodology
o Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o Working in SOA environments including RESTful services
o Automated build and deployment tools
o Administering change management software
o Automated testing of UIs; Testing mobile applications; Load testing
- Direct and create automation testing framework capable of running continuous automated regression test suite.
- Analyze customer and business requirements and write automated tests to verify the solutions implemented meet those requirements.
- Direct automated quality assurance testing of application software to ensure proper operation, performance, and freedom from defects.
- Document testing results so they can be provided in the event of an audit.
- Administer quality assurance environment(s).
- Ensure software changes have successfully passed testing requirements before such product is rolled into production via the change management process.
- Ensure change control process is followed for high quality software development, ensuring that all change management requirements have been met before promotion to production.
- Work with development team to track, resolve, and document complex software defects and implementation problems found during the quality assurance process. Report progress on problem resolution to management.
- Assure test application systems are properly documented.
- Make recommendations to management regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of quality assurance tools and other software that increases information systems efficiency.
- Assist both internal and external auditors as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
STATEMENT OF OTHER DUTIES
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
All employees are required to familiarize themselves and continually comply with all federal and state health care laws, regulations and rules (including Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements if applicable to the employee's job duties). Any employee who becomes aware of possible noncompliance with applicable laws is required to promptly report such possible noncompliance to his or her immediate manager or Compliance Hot Line. No adverse action or any form of retaliation shall be taken against any employee because of that person's good faith report of possible noncompliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.