For 70 years, Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer a Two Year contract as an entry level CNC Machinist in a prestigious Fortune 500 healthcare company located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Provides manual machining of components and fixtures for operation’s automated lines and CNC fabrication of optical inserts (sphere & aspheric designs) and associated components used on multiple injection molding platforms. Suggests design changes or recommends improvements in production methods. Performs all work with adherence to safety procedures and GMP/ISO requirements. Optical Tooling CNC machines/platforms include: Mazak (up to 5 axis-blanks and milling process), Optoform 50 (Pre-machine or optical finish diamond turning (OFDT)), Moore 450 (OFDT), Moore 250 (OFDT), Precitech Nanoform 250 (OFDT), Astigmatic (OFDT), and Optomatic (OFDT).
CNC Machinist Level I
• Ability to operate manual and CNC equipment independent of technical oversight
• Ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining product blueprints.
• Knowledge of, and the ability to apply algebraic, geometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of products.
• Facilitates and attends training for continuous technical skill development
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Fabrication of high quality tight tolerance (+/- 2 microns) and work performance to meet established goals for: (85%)
a. Compliance to all safety requirements
b. Product quality
c. Production efficiency
d. On-time Delivery
2. Active participate in activities (i.e. Safety- Inspections/Procedure/Reviews, Quality- Document revisions, 5S, and other continuous improvement initiatives) related to the overall success of the department. 5%
3. Works closely with Optical Tooling, R&D and Process engineering disciplines on the transfer of new lens/tool designs & CNC programs. (5%)
4. Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (5%)
2+ years machining trade or military training in a technical or mechanical discipline and/or equivalent experience within a CNC machining work environment. Consideration given for individuals enrolled in Vocational, Technical , Community Colleges or Apprentice machining programs
Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
Knowledge and skill set
• Basic knowledge and familiarity with AutoCad and MasterCam.
• Ability to inspect precision machined parts.
• Able to read and interpret technical blueprints to program and fabricate parts.
• Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)