To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI 48007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Security Senior Analyst
N.S. International, Ltd. • Troy, MI
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, with numerous facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Purpose of Job
Works to act as an interface between the North American IT strategic and process-based activities and the work of the technology-focused analysts, administrators, and managers in the IT organization. The IT Security Senior Analyst must be able to translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. The IT Security Senior Analyst coordinates the IT organization's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to management. Additional responsibilities include planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. IT Security Senior Analysts are expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, to anticipate security breaches. Also is responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching innovative technologies that will effectively protect the North American infrastructure.
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.Rank
- Create and revise policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Develop a security program and security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk.
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Perform internal audits and manage various external audits.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
EducationA Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience; an M.B.A. or M.S. in information security is preferred, or equivalent extensive work experienceRelated Experience
- 10+ years IT and business/industry work experience preferred
- 4+ years information security role experience preferred
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, strongly desired
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, preferred
- GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security Certifications, preferred
- Familiarity with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Japanese Financial Instruments and Exchange Law ("J-SOX"), IATF 16949 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies and policies.
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours. Off-hours as needed.Travel Requirements<10%; domestic and internationalAdditional Information
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.