To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Northwest Regional Sales Representative
AJM PACKAGING CORPORATION • Bloomfield Hills, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Northwest Regional Sales Representative
AJM Packaging, a leading manufacturer of converted paper products including paper plates, cups, bowls, grocery sacks, and bags, has an outstanding opportunity for a talented and qualified sales professional to be our Northwest Regional Sales Representative in the Pacific Northwest Region (handling a multi-state territory including WA, OR, MT, ID, WY, CO, and Northern CA ). We are seeking a candidate to be based out of our Bloomfield Hills, Michigan location.
Position Requirements Include:
- Travel throughout assigned territory and make calls on current customers/accounts in order to upkeep business relations and to maintain and/or expand sale orders.
- Travel throughout assigned territory and solicit new customers/accounts and develop avenues for continued growth.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and various other sources.
- Provide samples, catalogs and displays of products and conduct presentations that emphasize saleable product features to current customers and potential customers.
- Accurately quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Follow-up as required with new or existing accounts to secure and finalize orders and/or address any outstanding concerns.
- Communicate and interact with the manufacturing plants and various departments (e.g. Purchasing, Accounting and Traffic & Distribution) to ensure orders are processed through to final delivery and receipted without error or delay. If needed, can assist with securing customer payment.
- Prepare and maintain accurate reports of business transactions and expense accounts.
- Remain current with marketplace trends for product area and be able to communicate that information with staff, customers or potential customers.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related selling experience and be an aggressive, self-motivated closer with a proven track record of selling and account management success.
- A related, four (4) year undergraduate degree
- Extensive hands-on commodity, consumer, and private label selling experience in a direct, non-brokered sales force a definite plus.
- Experience calling on the following classes:
- Grocery Retailers, Wholesalers, Distributors and Cooperatives
- Drug Retailers, Wholesalers, Distributors and Cooperatives
- Hardware Retailers, Wholesalers, Distributors and Cooperatives
- Discount, Convenience, Variety and General Merchandise Stores
- Dollar and Party Stores
- Fast Food (QSR), Food Service & Institutional
- Janitorial & Sanitation Suppliers
- Candy & Tobacco, Retail Packaging & Disposable Jobbers
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.