To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, CA
- Tami Nichols Flammer
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. AWS Full Stack Software Engineer
Spectrum Brands • Lake Forest, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
The Senior AWS Full Stack Engineer is a key member of the Engineering team leading development efforts for cloud side software solutions. You will be working our existing AWS cloud IoT Application, in a sustaining and new development capacity. As the full stack software Engineer, you will assist staff to help guide the short-term and long-term plans to deliver against the requirements. You will have to balance managing new products and products that are already in the market.
You will be joining the Hardware & Home Improvement (HHI) Business within the Spectrum Brands Company located in Lake Forest, California. HHI is a leading global provider of well-known brands such as Kwikset, Baldwin, Weiser, Pfister and National Hardware.
HHI brings several decades of mechanical door lock expertise while incorporating electronics and wireless solutions over the past decade. One of our recent releases into the Smart Home arena is KEVO - "your phone is your key". The Smart Home and Internet-of-Things (IoT) are rapidly evolving and growing, HHI is positioned well with number one brands in North America to lead and continue the tradition of delivering valuable solutions to customers. As part of a world-class Engineering team, you will play a critical role in the development of cloud-mobile applications-device solutions. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team and external partners to bring our customers great new products with exceptional experience.
If you are a person with the passion and drive to make a difference in people's lives, then you will enjoy our journey with great deal of fun.
Under the direction of the Electronics Engineering Director, the primary role of the Senior AWS Full Stack Engineer will be to develop and support IOT mobile and cloud applications products. Responsibilities include involvement in all stages of the development life cycle, from initial concept generation through to final delivery and support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (40%) Working in a New-Product-Introduction (NPI) environment, developing and implementing new solutions' requirements for the cloud ecosystem. Work alongside third-party developers to ensure success of deliverables.
- (10%) Assist staff to help guide technical direction of server-side software technologies to select the solutions with scalability and long-term viability.
- (10%) Work closely with our development partners on the development structure for cloud to cloud integrations with other cloud ecosystems (i.e. Google Home, Alexa, Nest, ,etc).
- (5%) Work closely with the broader cross functional team to help develop a technology roadmap to address our short term and long-term needs.
- (10%) Map out and manage on-going improvements and enhancements for deployed solutions.
- (15%) Sustain/support existing AWS cloud platform (IaaS/PaaS) utilizing a serverless architecture.
- (10%) Report project status, challenges, risks and potential solutions with internal and external teams.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Education and Experience Profile
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying secure cloud web services (ex: IoT, Serverless) in an Amazon AWS environment, Azure or other IoT platforms.
- Assist the Electronics Engineering Manager in the implementation of NPD processes to software related to IOT and mobile applications.
- Participate in new product (proof of concept)ideation projects with respect to theIOT platform and mobile applications.
- Experience in development with Serverless Architecture (AWS Lambda)
- Experience using AWS database solutions such as RDS and working with databases (ex: MySQL)
- Experience using AWS NoSQL solutions such as DynamoDB
- Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems
- Experience with Node.js development
- Development experience in secure network connectivity/API models
- Experience with distributed web application systems and understanding of large-scale software application architectures
- Experience implementing RESTful web services and micro services
- Experience designing and developing systems that integrate data from third-party applications using available APIs
- Understanding and knowledge of end-to-end security (device-cloud-mobile)
- Experienced with software agile processes, version controls, testing and defect tracking management
- Familiarity with MQTT
- Ability to work with 3rd party developers.
- Strong communication skills: written and oral for different technical or business audiences
- Passionate, flexible, collaborative, works independently, sets own goals and has a "can-do" positive attitude
- Excellent documentation practices
- Some travel is required
- Other assignments as deemed necessary
Additional Desired Skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Exposure to functional, integration and unit testing
- Exposure to iOS and/or Android mobile application development
- Familiar with hardware or embedded firmware and cloud or mobile dependencies.
- Will lead 3rd party developers
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.