To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Florham Park, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Scientist, Consumer Science
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Florham Park, NJ
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Consumer Science is a newly formed, product focused research team with the goal of embedding consumer insights, preference and appeal into the R&D innovation process. This newly created role of Senior Scientist will be a strategic business partner to the Vitamin and Nutritional Supplement Franchise. The Sr. Scientist will support all product focused research activities for the Franchise from early concept identification through assessment of product performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the “Voice of the Consumer”, providing provide insightful and relevant data/insights to enable business growth
- Work on Franchise project teams with Product Development, Marketing, and Consumer Insights and translate the team’s research needs and asks into actionable sensory and consumer science testing plans, actions and results.
- Design, execute and manage consumer and sensory research to produce actionable consumer insights and meet the required standards, project objectives and agreed timelines (i.e. descriptive analysis, discrimination testing, focus groups, ethnography, online surveys, product evaluation CLTs and HUTs etc.)
- Be an advocate for Consumer Science work within R&D. Develop strong working relationships within R&D and with Marketing and Consumer Insights counterparts, building trust and appreciation for the role that Consumer Science plays.
- To proactively identify and trial new consumer and sensory research approaches and methodologies to explore emerging behaviors and insights and ensure competitive advantage
- To identify, form and manage relationships with external agencies to ensure seamless integration with internal consumer science capabilities and competencies
- Maintain and moderate internal and external panels as needed to fit specific project needs. Provide analysis of data to provide clear and actionable written recommendations to appropriate product development functional leaders, project and Franchise teams.
- Provide strong and effective documentation of all Consumer Science activities from proposal to final recommendations, and supports R&D Operations activities in Document Management system design and implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise of Consumer Science principles to new product development and cross-functional project teams, including providing guidance and recommendations of the appropriate use of descriptive, discrimination and acceptability methods to support and drive successful outcomes
- 5+ years experience in a sensory or consumer science role in the dietary supplement, consumer healthcare and/or consumer packaged goods industry
- BS, MS or PhD in Sensory or Food Science, Science or Engineering, Consumer Science, Psychology, Applied Statistics or equivalent required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge, experience and demonstrated accomplishments in application of wide range of sensory and consumer testing, methods and techniques to guide product development and innovation activities that lead to successful outcomes.
- Experience in working closely and jointly collaborating with consumer-facing and commercial functions to support growth opportunities via innovation and renovation introductions to the marketplace.
- Willing to travel to domestically to build external network and support research
- Experience identifying, partnering with and managing external service providers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability work productively with cross-functional peers in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects.
- Commitment to core values of collaboration & teamwork, creativity & intellectual curiosity, integrity & respect, nimbleness, execution excellence, quality of innovation and accountability.