To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
75-6106 Alii Dr.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Manager, Kona by the Sea, Full Time 19-057
Aqua-Aston Hospitality • Kailua-Kona, HI
Posted 1 month ago
Come join our team!
Come join our team!
You're Gonna Love It Here!
When you work at Aqua-Aston, you become part of our ohana. We are a tightknit group of diverse individuals who encourage each other to be our best selves.
It's Not Just A Job
Our employees smile, not because we want our guests to feel welcome, but because we can’t help it. Our work is fulfilling because we’re in the business of spreading aloha to our guests.
We Make Promises
Aqua-Aston offers competitive benefits, opportunity for growth, and a fun, rewarding work environment. We believe respect and teamwork are integral to our company’s success.
Manage building maintenance and grounds' appearance and cleanliness at all times. Perform all maintenance requirements including but not limited to planning, scheduling, estimating, assigning, coordinating and supervising all work in progress including contracted labor.
- Assign all unit work orders to maintenance staff. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing/repairing plumbing, electrical, air-conditioning and carpentry. Also included are garden and ground lights, plants and trees and sprinklers and drains.
- Audit repairs/maintenance tasks performed by maintenance team ensuring satisfactory and timely completion of all work orders. Report findings to individual owners, hotel operations, AOAO Board and outside contractors as necessary.
- Ensure that all common areas are maintained and in proper operating condition. This includes, but is not limited to, pools, public restrooms, front entrance and lobby areas, meeting rooms, parking lots, walkways and gardens.
- Communicate with owners regarding repairs requiring expense approval. Consult with manager regarding necessary outside professional services; work with manager to contract services.
- Responsible for managing cleanliness, orderliness, safety and functionality of maintenance shops. Order supplies as needed. Safeguard all employees, supplies, equipment and tools.
- Makes sure that common areas are set up for special functions.
- Attend to all emergencies, fire, flood, plumbing etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language proficiently.
- 2 years of college or vocational training in electrical, mechanical, architectural engineering or plumbing preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in maintenance. Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Previous property maintenance and supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Various certification may be required such as Swimming Pool Operator.
Kona by the Sea, 75-6106 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.