To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Delinquency Control Counselor III
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To control/collect on past due Consumer Loan and Credit Card accounts for all stages of delinquency, in accordance with all government and Navy Federal rules and regulations. To provide member financial counseling and mitigate loss for Navy Federal.
* Contact and counsel delinquent members in an attempt to cure delinquency utilizing all payment options and loss mitigation tools offered by Navy Federal
* Control delinquency on Consumer/Credit Card loan accounts.
* Ensure required notifications, including collection emails, letters and any applicable state/regulatory letters are sent to members
* Explain and communicate relinquishing options such as settlements and bankruptcy
* Negotiate Loss Mitigation offers to mitigate risk/loss to NFCU
* Obtain detailed financial information from delinquent members and offer solutions and alternatives to bankruptcy/charge-off
* Perform manager share transfers for amounts up to authorized limits
* Process Settlements, Repossessions and/or negotiate Loss Mitigation offers to mitigate loss/risk to NFCU
* Provide required reporting to supervisors and management (including daily in-house, activity trends and payment tracking)
* Use on-line tools and contact appropriate parties
* Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
* Regularly review member account data and/or documentation to ensure data is accurate, up-to-date and in compliance with government and Navy Federal guidelines
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
* Significant experience in collecting and negotiating on delinquent Consumer/Credit Card accounts
* Advanced knowledge of Consumer/Credit Card collections systems, policies, procedures, practices and/or actions
* Advanced knowledge of credit & collections related federal and state fair lending/consumer protection laws & regulations
* Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
* Advanced skill in systems analysis, workflow, or procedural analysis
* Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability